The Total number of books in the library are 13,867 as on 31st March 2022. The library has subscribed to 4 Hindi News papers,1English News Paper, 5 periodicals. The Library also offers online access to e-journals and e-books through INFLIBNET under N-List Program. In which access to 31,35.000+ebooks and 9000+e-Journals is provided. For this purpose, a Resources Centre with 05 computers will established in the library.
Aim of Library:-
- To develop rich collection of reading material useful for library users(student, Teachers and others staff members).
- To Provide full information support to the teaching –learning process in the
- To provide various library services and facilities to the readers.
- To support research activities of research scholars (Teachers).
- To support institutions for developing quality of learning and teachers.
*College Librarian: 01. Mrs. Anita Sharma
* Assistant Librarian:01 Mr. Naini Pal
* Librarian Self Finance Department :01 Mrs. Poonam Sharma
For smooth functioning of library and its activities, every Year College authority constitutes library committee. The main objective of this library committee is to utilize the funds and to look in to the others affairs of the library. The Committee also looks in to the student’s / faculty user’s grievance, if any.
The Committee consists of Principal as Chairman, Senior Teachers as Members and college Librarian as member secretary.
Categories of library Users:-
All the students, faculty members and non-teaching staff (serving in Government DegreeCollege Amb) are entitled to get the membership of library.
Library service And Facilities:-
The library has a key role in supporting the academic activities of the institution by establishing, maintaining and promoting the library and information service, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
Book Borrowing Facility:-
- Students: 2 books for home study for 2 weeks.
- Faculty Members:5 books for an academic session.
- Non Teaching Staff members :2books for 2 weeks.
Reading Room Facility:-
Reading room facility is available to students and staff members in the reading roomsduring the library hours i.e. from to 9.45AM To 4.15 PM.
The library has seating capacity for about 50 users.
Current Awareness Service:-
The newly arrival books/list as well as books jackets are displayed to attract the library users. The information for CAS is also taken from the News papers (Press cuttings), relevant portions of magazine and books etc.
The college library is registered with the INFLIBNET-NLIST and provide access to e-resources i.e. E books and e-journal for the benefits of its users. To make the best use of these e-resources user ID and password has been created for student Staff users. Beside this a;-
With links to N-lists, University syllabi and open access resources i.e.e-books, e-journal,online lectures, and competitive examination material is also created for ease of access.
05 computers with Internet facility are available in library for its users. Users can search and read required information.
The personal assistance as guidance and helps is provided to the new as well as to the old readers, if required to make the best use of the library collection.
The library has purchased SOUL 2.0.05(library management software)from INFLIBNET and the work of computerizationis in process The library is partially automated.
Library Rules For Users:-
Identity card will be issued by the College Librarian & Assistant Librarian on production of admission fee receipt. No one will be permitted to the library without identity card. Identity card is a legal document,its misuse is an offence and the student responsible for the same is liable for disciplinary action. In case I card is lost/ misplaced the student must report immediately to the College Librarian. New/duplicate Icard will be issued after 15days and Rs. 20/- be charged for the same.
Personal Belongings :-
Personal belonging such as private books, files, bags, umbrella, purse , shall be deposited by the library users at the property counter before entering the stack area.
Issue of Books And Delay fine:-
*Library users (student and staff ) shall be allowed to use the library and borrow books. In case books issued are not returned within the time limit,book delayfine@Rs.1-00 per day per book shall be charged from the defaulters. The bookwill be re-issued/re-newal if the is not in demand by any otherusers.
*Before getting the books issued any damage to the book should be pointed out immediately to the counter Assistant/College librarian.
Loss/Mutilation of Books:-
*In case of damage or loss of books, the user shall be required to replace the book with latest edition or pay the actual cost with 20% extra.
Restricted categories of books / and Others Reading Materials: –
*Reference books , multivolume books and rare books shall not be lent out for home study. These can be consulted with in library premises with the written permission of the College Librarian.
Magazines and Newspapers, provided in the library Reading room will not be issued to all the above categories to the users.
General Rules: –
- Readers shall maintain proper order and silence in the library. Making noise, spitting, smoking, writing, marking on wall, use of mobiles or doing anything else which may disturb staff and other readers or against the library rules is strictly prohibited.
- All readers are responsible for any damage caused to the library property or reading materials. The readers shall be required to replace the same and be panelised under library rules.
- The issue counter will be closed half an hour earlier so that the persons on the counter may wind up their work for the day and may prepare for the next day.
- No reader will be allowed to sleep in the library and its reading rooms. The librarian may recall any book at any time if librarian considers that it is in great demand and in the interest of institution.
Best Practice: –
*Computerization of library with standard library management software.
* Inclusion of sufficient information about the library on / in the college library WEBSITE,http://www.mpgcamb.com/library/ college magazine, Prospectus, annual report as well as on the notice board, Display of newspapers clipping /employment related information on the notice board periodically.
The library is equipped with SOUL 2.0 software of version 2.0.05 and is partially automated this year. The SOUL 2.0 software was installed in year 2017. There is one central library and one self-finance library. Both the libraries are equipped with a total of 13507 textbooks with book value ₹13,327,677and 360 reference books with book value ₹196337. Further,104 books of value ₹18938 were included in current academic session.The library subscribes to N-List every year in which there is free access to e-books, e-jounals, e-ShodhSindhu and Shodhganga. In addition to this 10 newspapers and 12 magazines are also subscribed in the library.